Major Activities and Programmes
CULP has been working in the field of Education and Health and implementing innovative projects for ensuring access to quality elementary education to Out-of-school children and improving teaching-learning processes in formal schools in six blocks of three districts (viz., Jaipur, Tonk and Banswara) in collaboration with SSA and funding partners since 2002. The bridge course curriculum and teaching-learning material developed by CULP integrates life skills and adolescent health issues for imparting quality elementary education to the rural adolescent girls. Both NGOs and government have been using this package under different programs for education of similar groups. The rural school library program focuses to make the use of library resource as an integral part of over-all teaching learning process to improve reading habits of rural children. The key activities or programmes of CULP are as follows:
1. Strengthening School Management Committees (SMCs) for effective Compliance of provisions of Right to Education Act (2009) for ensuring quality elementary education to all children in Niwai block in Tonk district and four blocks in Banswara district of Rajasthan.
2. Pehchan Project for education out-of-school adolescent girls in Chaksu block (Jaipur dist) and Niwai block (Tonk dist)
3. Child rights - a reality: Addressing Child Labour through education based initiative in tribal area of Banswara district which ensures Access to Elem. Education to ‘Still’ out-of-school children of socially excluded communities.
4. Back to Basics (B2B) Project for improving reading, writing and arithmatic skills of children of primary grades in rural government elementary schools (Quality Education) in Niwai block, Tonk dist.
5. Academic Support to DIET Dungarpur for creating Child-Friendly Schools (CFSs).
6. Technical support to various NGOs and Government Programs in Education.
7. Create an enabling environment which ensures promotion of children's rights leading to prevention of child labour and migration from (200 villages in two blocks) to Gujarat (rolled out from 15th February 2014)
8. Networking and Advocacy on legal and policy issues.
9. Research / studies / Evaluation.
Pl. follow the link: https://vimeo.com/76348084 to see impact of CULP intervention on the lives of adolescent girls.
Another link to new article in Business Standard: