Project aims to support 25 girls from poor and excluded communities to access university education and secure the government support necessary to provide quality and universal education for children from excluded groups in the 60 target schools.
10000 children (6 to 14 years for quality elementary education) + 25 adolescent girls for higher education
- To provide Education encouragement support to 25 young people from poor and excluded communities to complete university education.
- To support 60 government elementary schools to provide quality, non-discriminatory and universal education through community level training and sensitization and meetings with local government senior education officials.
- To strengthen school governance systems in the 60 target schools through training and empowerment of panchayat, SMC and PTA members.
- To ensure access to quality (i.e. sufficient school infrastructure and appropriate teacher-pupil ratios) and free elementary education for all children of tribal community in the target areas.
- To reduce the number of children participating in child labour and increase ex-child labourer enrolment and retention rates in elementary schools in the target areas.
- To strengthen Bal Sanrakshan Sajha Abhiyan, Right to Education Forum at state level to influence education policy at state and national level to ensure quality and universal education for all.
- CULP - implementing partner in 60 schools in 45 revenue villages in two blocks of Banswara district;
- ActionAid -Funding partners;
- Collaborating with Government programme / SSA.
- Scholarship support to needy girls for college / university level education
- Public convention with at block level for Distribution of scholarship to the target group.
- Counseling with beneficiary girls and imparting them life skills.
- Assessment of performance of beneficiary girls by scholarship committee members (contact meetings with girls, parents and teachers of concerned educational institutes.
B.Supporting 60 government elementary schools to provide quality, non-discriminatory and universal education: Direct beneficiaries: 10000 children (6 to 14 years)
- Documentation (case studies, quarterly activity reports).
- Orientation and Community meetings including PRI members on Right to Education Act (Gram Sabhas).
- Meeting with government officials on quality education.
- School Level Interventions , SMC orientation etc , Children's Meetings:
- Orientation of representatives of Children's Groups (CGs) by organizing monthly meetings.
- Bal Melas / Balika Mahotsavs (Children's / Girls’ Fairs).
- Refresher Training and capacity building programmes with Animators on quality education and Right to Education Act.
- Strengthening school governance systems in the 60 target schools through training and
empowerment of panchayat, SMC and PTA members:
- Budget tracking, Social Audit and local level Education Campaign.
- Information, Education and Communication (IEC) interventions / publication of training manual.
- Selection / identification & procurement and printing of relevant IEC material and dissemination to different stakeholders.
- Team Review and Reflection on the progress of project: Monthly Review and Planning Meetings / workshops with project staff.
- Research studies / development of communication material on education and child rights.
- Networking and advocacy: State and national level media mobilisation, advocacy and alliance-building work to influence education policy at state and national level to ensure access to quality and free elementary education for all children: consultations with government and civil society organizations.