Child Rights for Change (CRC)
Create an enabling environment which ensures promotion of children’s rights leading to prevention of child labour and migration from Banswara district, Rajasthan (200 villages in three blocks) to Gujarat.
Broad Goals: By 2017, 1.66 lakh children (aged 0 to 18 years) will have:
- Increased protection against abuse, exploitation and violence in the villages: prevention from migration for work.
- Improved quality of education with focus on learning at pre-school and elementary level.
- Enhanced access to social protection schemes for improved income of poor families.
- CULP - implementing partner in 100 revenue villages in two blocks viz. Bagidora and Gangad Talai, in Banswara district;
- Save the Children / IKEA Foundation - Funding partners;
- Collaborating with Government departments and programmes such as SSA, ICDS, ICPS.
- Child Protection
- Training of partner staff on community mobilization, roles and responsibility of CPC/CG, Child rights, protection and unsafe migration, pre and post campaign;
- Campaign against migration of children for work in the district with key stakeholders.
- Strengthening / capacity building of village, Gram Panchayat and Block level Child Protection Committees (CPCs) and PRIs through regular monthly meetings.
- Developing /adapting existing resource material such as (Register, Activity Books, Child Protection Handbook, CG Handbook, Handbook for working with children on prevention of child abuse, Manual for CPC on Prevention of Child Abuse) for CPCs, PRI and Children's Group.
- Print migration registers maintained by PRIs at source villages
- Training of CPC members along with government officials on child tracking.
- Organizing social mobilization camp for enrolment in formal secondary school/open school system.
- Capacity Building of Children’s Groups (CGs) during regular meetings.
- Training of Core Group of Children on Life Skills.
- Training and review of Pre-School Teachers (Anganwadi workers) on Assessment Tools and development of report card (124 Centres in 100 villages).
- Supply of Teaching Learning Material (TLM) in Pre-School Centers for Model Anganwadis and Building Learning Environment in School (BLES)
- Capacity building for pre-school teachers on Multi lingual education.
- Teachers training of all elementary schools in 100 villages for pedagogic improvement and creating child-friendly environment.
- Strengthening SMCs (School Management Committees) for effective Compliance of Right to Education Act and ensuring effective functioning of schools.
- Child Sensitive Social Protection
- Conducting Village level camps for birth registration, immunization and linking the eligible / poor families with various social protection schemes (10 identified schemes of the Government)
- Awareness Generation Activities on child rights, child labor, Back to School, social protection, at Village Level.